13 March 2012

Fuller Still

I was given a CD during the summer before we moved to Tarakan ... the little island where we last lived in Indonesia.
The CD was a homemade treasure, something someone dear made for me. The first 5 songs of the CD became life-giving to my soul. The notes made me dance in the desert. The words made me soar above the trash. The melodies soothed my aching bones. The lyrics brought healing to my soul.
And I would only listen to those 5 songs. They were enough. For some reason, I would stop the CD when the next artist started his songs on track 6.
Well, today I listened on ... and on ... and the words that were sung were for this season. The notes made me dance in the car. The words made me soar above the highway. These songs were for this place, this new "island" that I find myself on now.
And these songs were there on the CD all along.
But for this movement, not the last.
He is my faithful Shepherd through each symphonic movement.
He is the multifaceted diamond that makes my spirit shimmer & my eyes glow.
He was with me then.
He is with me now.
I wonder what songs are next on the CD ...
He'll be with me tomorrow.