12 February 2013

Nesting

The trees have been stripped of the life they once displayed.  Their bare frames silhouette art across the winter skies.  And in these bare branches, I have noticed many nests lately.  Nests once hidden behind layers of summer leaves now are exposed to the watching eye.  Birds once birthed in safety have now flown away, and all that remains is the workmanship of mother bird.

As I see the nests in the bare trees, I am reminded that my daily grind is not left unnoticed.  There is One Who is watching me.  And one day the nest that I have invested in will be revealed.  Of what materials am I using?  Will they last?

Chris in Indonesia

"Anyone who builds ... may use ... gold, silver, jewels, wood, hay, or straw.  
But on the judgment day, fire will reveal what kind of work each builder has done.
The fire will show if a person's work has any value."  
1 Corinthians 3:12 & 13