8 July 2013

Blooming in the Desert

With beauty around every bend in this part of the world, the artistic part of me feels a bit unused.  In Indonesia, I searched for beauty like a thirsty man searches for water … I miss that.  The writer in me feels less inspired here.  The musician in me less songful.  But I'm filling up … The cactus of my frame is preserving water for another day when desert surrounds.  I am storing up beauty and goodness and truth in my soul to later glean from … and there bloom … wherever He might plant us.  So thankful am I for my family, for our parents, siblings, friends, church, neighbourhood.  It is a good season.  

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.  
See, I am doing a new thing!  Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?  
I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.  
I provide water in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland, to give drink to My people, My chosen, the people I formed for Myself 
that they may proclaim My praise."  
(from Isaiah 43)

Blooming in the Desert