20 September 2015

For Such A Time ...


We started dreaming so long ago ... 

And now here we are, a second-go, at this crazy overseas life ... which, by now, seems more familiar than crazy.  

Geckos in the cupboard?  
Shrews in the yard?  
Maggots in the bananas? 
Yes, yes, yes.  
Sugar, flour, eggs -- can't guarantee you'll find those at the grocery store?  
Yup.  
Plans for one day drag on for many days?  
Definitely.  
Sick?  
Uh-huh.  
Sweat?  
Indeed.  
Dirt on the streets?  
Wild traffic?  
Being laughed at?  
Ya, ya, ya.

But, you know, after 8 plus years, Indonesia is now rather "normal".  This is where I've spent many of my mothering years, where loneliness and way-too-much social come and go, where I'm challenged like all-get-out, where I'm forced to 
depend, 
trust, 
leap, 
and rest ...  

This is my land of refining -- fire-testing-gold kind of refining.  

But this is also the land of joy -- great, deep, overflowing joy.  

I am truly honoured to have followed .. and to continue getting to know Jesus ... here -- in this land -- for such a time as this.