27 November 2005
Painted Just For Me
There have been a few times along my journey in getting here, that I have seen rainbows. And these rainbows are usually at significant times. When I see a rainbow, I feel as though God is reasuring me that I am in His will. For example, when we began the process of applying for MAF, we went down to California for testing. I prayed for a rainbow on that trip -- a sign of assurance that we were in God's will. On the very last day, as we were driving back up to Abbotsford, a beautiful rainbow arched across our pathway and ended right at my car window. This morning, as I made our bed, I thought, "I haven't seen a rainbow in a long time." In fact, I don't think I've even seen a rainbow in Indonesia. I prayed a short little prayer, asking God if He might show me a rainbow. This evening, Tehya (who had been looking outside) came running to me, saying "Mommy, come look! There's a rainbow outside!" I stood on the porch, looking at my rainbow -- painted just for me.