11 June 2008

Watching Out For Me



Often on my run, I see two old men. One is tall and skinny, the other is short and stout. They are usually out walking down the same street that I run; often they are resting at the spot where I turn around to head back home. I saw them again this week after being gone for nearly half a year. I had wondered if they would still be alive, since Indonesians here don’t tend to live very long and these men do look pretty old. But there they were, resting near the tree where I turn around. We chatted for a moment and then I went on my way again. Chris left for his run immediately after I returned. When he was home again, I told him that I saw the old men again. He hadn’t. He wondered if we even run the same route because he has never seen these men that I speak of. I explained to him once again where I run and sure enough it is the same route as Chris. He again said, “I’ve never seen them,” … and he wondered if they might be angels watching out for me.