20 December 2009
Fight the Good Fight
Last night I wearily lay my head on my pillow, and as I waited for sleep to come and revive my weary body, I seriously felt like a soldier. The challenge of living here, the fullness of the days, the work of loving the poor, the emotions involved in seeing huge needs daily ... I can't even describe it all ... but the task is too big for me. But not too big for He who is King of me. And after telling little Indonesian children the Christmas story for the first time yesterday afternoon ... I felt like a warrior home from war in my bed. And so I write these things to thank you for continuing to pray for me, for us. We need your daily prayers for joy, for peace, for protection, for strength. May we fight the good fight well. May we be found faithful.