We have no address, our street no name. Just a bumpy road with a huge radio tower and then ... there's our house. Up the bumpy hill a bit further is a shack. Inside lives a woman, her daughter and about 6 teenagers/young adults. They are from Timur, an island that I've never visited, but I think if one could fly there directly is about 2 hours away. I met several of the girls the other day. They told me that their home (Timur) is many days away by ship. To have them understand how far Canada is, I told them that my home is about 2 months away by ship! They were shocked.
But, really, that's not very far ... when I think about where Jesus came from. He left perfection, absolute beauty, endless love, holiness, streets of gold ... and came to sin, filth, hate, brokenness and walked these dirt roads with sandalled feet.
How far He came.