23 March 2011

Hope

There is a panel that I have become familiar with while living here. It is our electric box, and because of many power outages due to maintenance or overloading, I know how to recognize if the power is out because of the city or because of me. Often times it's been me ... You know, running 2 AC units, the hot water heater and my stove ... something like that.
Well, be it my fault or not, one of the wires recently was nearly burned. Chris happened to notice it. Not sure what kind of damage it would have caused, but thankfully my ever-alert husband saw it and we had it repaired.
It had been overloaded.
I know exactly how that wire felt. That has been me lately.
I thought something challenging might be on its way ... I had prayed about it and asked God to help me through ... whatever it was. And then the robbery happened.
Perhaps it doesn't seem like too big of a thing, but for a woman who has been desperately trying to create a home in a place that feels so dark and evil, and then that beautiful little nest is trampled over ... well, perhaps you can kind of understand.
And in these trying days, i have cried out to the One who knows me and to Whom I play my symphony. And He has heard my cry. Yesterday two wonderful surprises came to me ... and they touched my heart in ways that only God knew I needed.
One was news of a major change happening on our program. The second was a package from Danielle ... It lay on the bed when I entered. Chris had set it down when he came home from the hangar. Inside was a book with the picture of 2 hands holding a nest of eggs. Hidden inside the book's cover was a precious hand-written card. The date typed on the outside of the envelope was 3 days before the robbery happened. The gift that brought healing was already on its way before the hurt stung.
And the hope that I had believed in did not disappoint me. Instead it gave me wings to hope ... and hope again.