
I think we just might become beach bums ... because there is pretty much nothing else to do as a family here! Last Sunday we drove part-way across the island and found a strip of sand to play on. Chris brought his frisbee and we took turns playing together. Teh & Paet began collecting driftwood and started making a fort. I looked behind and noticed a group of young kids watching us. Soon, they had crossed over the water and were with us, gawking & laughing at our kids. Teh really tried to befriend them, but they continued to laugh. We gave it some time ... soon Chris had the boys playing frisbee & soccer and Teh & the girls were hauling more driftwood from another part of the beach, adding to the fort! Kenna jumped in the waves and I watched it all. Teh sat in the driftwood teepee while all of the girls surrounded her like a queen. She counted in English & sang "Jesus Loves Me" for them. Paet, despite his nervousness, eventually joined in on the soccer game and boosted his confidence in the process. I was so proud of our kids. And I felt like God had given us a piece of eternity there ... As I watched and observed and prayed, I saw my husband loving kids who have dads that never play with them. I saw Paet laughing with boys that at first were laughing at him. I saw Tehya telling girls who do not know of love, of God's sacrificial love. As we walked away, Chris overheard one boy say to another, "I sure hope he comes back." Don't worry, we will.