29 May 2011

Sapphires

I have been taken to a deep corner of the world, but not just in geography ... in the depths of my heart. It is the place that Job speaks of in Chapter 28:1
"There is a mine for silver and a place where gold is refined."
It is hard to put into words all that this place has come to mean to me over the past years of living here ... this deep place that has been stirred and stretched and challenged and burned and ... loved more deeply than I could ever have imagined. This part of me rejoices in the challenges that have come my way ... because I am being refined.
In this place the "I" is brought into the Light of He Who is complete truth and purity ... how wretched I am. But He forgives ... completely. I fall down, but He picks me up to stand in awe that He loves me.
He's making sapphires out of the rock of my soul ... and because of Him only may I hope to live up to my name ... Jules.