And after missing out on viewing the changing seasons for seven years, the beauty of it all is new again to me.
"Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father Who created all the lights in the heavens."
Heat and cold. Past and present. Light and dark. Spring, summer, fall, and winter. Moments and decades. Guidance and direction. All are gifts because of the creation of sun and moon.
But He, unlike the seasons, "never changes".
And, unlike the sun, He never "casts a shifting shadow".
He is constant. He remains.
As I drove away last night after saying good-bye to my brother and his beautiful family, my world began to whirl.
Change. Good-byes. Seasons. Life alters again ... And this short season that we have enjoyed being all together, comes to an end.
As I fight the tears of sadness, I rejoice in the light of He Who changes not and casts not a shadow on me. His Truth always blazes. Summer is forever mine.
"He chose to give birth to us by giving us His true word. And we, out of all creation, became His prized possession."
(James 1:17-18)