
I awoke 2 1/2 weeks ago in new sheets, on a familiar bed, surrounded by walls in my favourite colour, to the sound of quietness. The house is a dream. It had been 12 1/2 months since the break-in, the day my Indonesian nest was trampled through ... and I felt emptied out. For 9 months I held onto a promise. For 3 1/2 months longer I tried to rest and heal and wait. And suddenly, so it seemed, new life began.
Noah the ark builder is a hero of mine. He held onto a crazy promise and built an ark to save his family and the animals from a flood ... "Umm, God what is rain?!" he must have questioned. For 12 1/2 months he sat, slept, ate, prayed, cried in that ark. And then the waiting time was over ... and life began anew.
I am nesting again. The God Who has walked me through deep sorrows, but deeper still great joys, has led us home. Our earthly home for now. My soul awaits the eternal one ... but for today I stand in awe of He Who knows me so intimately. He has painted a rainbow in my sky ... and I sing because He makes all things new.