7 December 2012

A Poem

Where can I turn?
Where can I run?
If I go into the depths,
You are my air.
If I dive into the deepest sea,
Still You are there with me.
When I am lifted to a mountain top,
You pour out love, overflowing my cup.

When I am down and in despair,
There You are ... You are near ...
(Even nearer, it seems).
For Your words become my food;
Your breath is my strength;
Your presence is my joy.
Who You are becomes my clothing.
I hang onto Your every move and word.

My heart finds true joy and peace
In You alone.
I rest knowing that
You know me.

I've had to give,
I'll have to give.
But when I've given
Or had gifts taken,
You have re-given to me
Above what i once had.
A hundred-fold,
We are told,
Is received ...

For what is life?
Not clothes and food ...
It's but a wildflower
That soon will fade.
But You have promised
Life more abundant!
One with good purpose
And never ending.

So I abandon me to You.
For only in Your will
Am I at last free.
In You I hope.
In You I trust ...
My Hope,
My Joy,
My Soul's Boast.

by Julene (written years ago)