28 January 2014

My Antithesis

As I pondered the greatest struggles in the lives of a couple of my friends, I wondered about myself ... for it is often easier to see objectively than subjectively.

The one friend wants control ... and her greatest struggle is not being able to control something very dear to her.  The other friend wanted life ... She breathed and sang and grabbed onto every moment of the life she had, and her life was cut short.

And as I am aware of my own weaknesses, I'm sure there are other things that others notice yet too.  There is a plank in my eye, I don't doubt.  

But as I thought about how my antithesis is the opposite of what I am most holding onto, I was encouraged that God is our Redeemer and Saviour -- from death to life, despair to hope, ashes to beauty, rocks to sapphires ...

Oh may my fear turn to faith, may condemnation turn to confidence, and may my worries turn to worship.