I knew we were to come back. It had been 7 years of hard work, endless sweat, and great reward ... and we were weary. God called us back to a land flowing with milk and honey.
And as I look back over this year of His confirming that we are to go again to a land in want of these things, I stand amazed how our God brings victory to those who wait on Him, how He turns weakness to strength, how He calls and confirms, gives desires and changes minds, allowing His purposes to be accomplished.
It has been a year of great loss and also of great joy ...
Danielle, my dear friend, passed away after 14 months of fighting cancer.
I underwent 2 surgeries.
Paeton was in ER due to a severe allergic reaction to a wasp sting.
Makenna's gut was found to be filled with parasites.
Granny suddenly passed away in her apartment ...
But in each of these challenges, Jesus faithfully comforted and strengthened for the task ...
As I grieved my dear "Dani", God led us to serve the Dani people in Indonesia.
After 12 weeks of post-surgery rest, I am feeling well.
When Paeton was stung, we were surrounded by family who helped us out -- we were not alone and not far away from help.
Makenna is now thriving again after meds and probiotics.
Granny is free! And we have spent lovely time together as a family, getting to know our uncle & aunt better on that side.
My reading this morning was in Hebrews. Hebrews 11. How timely as boxes fill our floor and furniture is bought by Craigslist shoppers. We walk "by faith" ... following His lead.
He does not call each of us to a foreign land, but we are all foreigners here.
Praying You hear His call to you ... and may you follow.