18 June 2014

Living Light

For 7 weeks we have lived with my inlaws.
And, thanks be to God, it has been a marvellous time!  My inlaws are so gracious and generous ... I am very blessed.

All of our possessions here have been sold, given, or packed away.  We live with the contents of our duffle bags.  And we have plenty.  More than enough.

As we snuggled into our basement corner last night, loving this time of good sleep and rest for the upcoming journey ahead, we pondered how our little "corner" here is actually more extravagant than most of the world.  Most. Of. The. World.  ... Somehow Cosco, Safeway and Target seem so real and so necessary.  Big houses and well-kept lawns are "normal".  Beauty and prosperity surround us here in North America.

As we wait for our visas, we have been told that our future house in Indonesia is being readied for us -- new window screens in the living room, glass panes in the bedrooms.  Pictures (and a floor plan even) have been sent.  We can dream of setting up home there.

And as we wait, I am reminded that this sort of readiness, living light, and expectation is what I maybe should feel every day as I wait for Jesus to return.  I am just a sojourner here on earth.  There is a future Home being prepared for me ... a letter from John describes it ... Jesus Himself promised it.

"... 'Yes, I am coming soon!'
Amen!  Come, Lord Jesus!"
Revelation 22:20

Waiting.  Travelling light.  Living light.
Because He is indeed coming again ...