2 October 2014

Adopted

We have taken in 2 cats that were born in an attic here on base.  They arrived in a box, eyes still shut, completely helpless.  There was not much of an option, but to nurse them, love them, take them in.

After a month of bottle-feeding, praying they make it safely through the night, holding them ... they are healthy, weaned kittens.

Someone asked which of my kids the kittens belonged to ... and I answered, "They're mine."

I am reminded of Ezekiel 16 ... "On the day you were born, you were unwanted, dumped in a field and left to die.  But I came by and saw you there, helplessly kicking about in your own blood.  As you lay there, I said, 'Live!'  And I helped you to thrive ... You grew up and became a beautiful jewel."

My mind is being renewed by Ephesians 1 these days -- who I am in Christ.
I have been adopted.  He has found me, cleansed me, sealed me ...
About me He declares, "She's Mine."

And although I first believed more than 30 years ago, I still need reminding that He says this about me.  Amazing love, how can it be ...

"I have calmed and quieted myself ... like a weaned child is my soul within me."  (from Psalm 131)

I am His.