13 December 2014

Dengue in December

The headache began on a Thursday ... early morning I was awakened to the pain -- not a normal thing for me.  By Thursday evening, as I sat in our tropical home, I was shivering.  Fevers.  They lasted for days.  I was covered in layers, shivering and then sweating and then shivering some more ... Maybe until Tuesday?  I don't quite remember the details.  I was in bed for days.

On Tuesday night my neighbor nurse hooked up IV, right there in my bedroom.
From my window curtain rod, a bag hung.  How amazing not to be shipped off to a local hospital.  A couple of weeks before me, my friend had the same disease and was medievaced to Austrailia by plane.  I suppose that could have been me too.
But God chose to graciously restore me this time.
My favourite muffins dropped off

The love from near and afar was extravagent.  Prayers promised from an ocean away; donations of food dropped off in our kitchen by colleagues nearby.  Chris was weary and the kids maybe a bit confused, but our faithful Father provided.  Our gentle Shepherd carried us through.

"They cried out to God during the battle, and He answered their prayer because they trusted in Him." 1 Chronicles 5:20a

Thank you for being like Jesus to me, my family by blood and my family by His blood.