6 November 2007

November 7

A date always embedded in my memory. A date that changed my life forever … and I am not the same because of it. On November 7, 2004, we embarked on the adventure of our lives: moving our little family across the ocean to Indonesia, making our home here. I still remember when life as I knew it changed: it was at Los Angeles International Terminal, checking in for our trans-Pacific flight, when all faces around me were Asian … and we white. When I think back to this day, leaving, saying good-bye, I remember my heart literally aching. I had never felt this kind of heart-pain. It was as though my heart was tearing. And it is forever scarred. I am always longing for what I have lost and at the same time I rejoice in what I have gained. How can a heart live so divided? I know this not. But this I do know: The grace and strength given by Christ outweighs longing and loss and gives amazing perseverance and joy. Finite me. Infinite Him.

And to you, my family & friends, on this 3rd Anniversary, I wish to thank you … I am blown away by the love and support that is being poured out each day for us, so that we can live here, serve here. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. -- Your Jules