26 March 2010

Indeed He Has

I don't know why it brought me comfort, but it did. As I lay on the couch, still sick from this parasite, I watched the children play. It was already dusk and dark, except for the kids' rooms where they played. Kenna comforted her baby doll and Paet ran through the house with an airplane. And it hit me that when my oldest was about my baby's age, we moved here. Paet was an infant. And everything was so new and different and foreign. I remember the calls from the mosque, 5 times a day ... and how haunting they sounded as they disturbed the little bit of peace that I sought in my upside down world. And now as I lay here the other night, the music from the Arabic song again floated outside ... and I felt comfort ... because in this moment God seemed to speak to my heart saying, "Look how far I've brought you. I've carried you along." And indeed He has.