6 May 2010

Car Ride

It was a very simple thing to do, but a highlight for 2 little girls. I heard last night that a little girl who plays here was physically abused by her Dad last night ... twice. I heard news of this this morning while the little girl was in our yard. What could I say? What could I do? I told her that I love her. I told her that Jesus loves her. And then I took her and her friend and my three kids into the car for a ride. I doubt these two little Indonesian girls had ever been in a car before. They were THRILLED! And sat oh so still. The little girl who had lived a nightmare last night ... was singing in the car. I drove for about 20 minutes and pointed out the market to them and Makenna pointed out the mall. And then we went back home. Tehya took the 2 little girls by the hand and led them home. It was a simple act ... but a sweet dream after the nightmare.