11 December 2010
The healing balm of time
I find it interesting to observe my feelings change over the past 6 years of living here. I remember seeing the dirt and chaos and huge differences through western eyes back in 2004. Now, years later, I still can see the mud and craziness and vast dichotomies that seperate this place from all I once knew, but there is familiarity here and a hope through it as I look back and see all that God has done and all of the beauty that He has shown to me. I know that I am to be here and this conviction helps me fly above the garbage heaps and hopelessness that I see when looking around me, even just across the street. I praise Him today for blessing me with His detailed love for me. Brave am I not Beauty but a garment Compassion is not my own Confidence cometh not from within My only Hope My soul's Pride Is found in One far more than I With His grace my head is showered And my redeemed soul transformed All glorious praises be given To Him Who above sits enthroned He Who has made my lot heaven And this wretched heart His home- by Jules -