
At the bottom of our nameless road, there is a garbage heap. It has 3 short cement walls surrounding it and is a dump for everyone in the area to throw their trash. It is also a welcome hangout for stray dogs, cats, rats and who knows what else! When I'm going out and need to throw out garbage, my kids complain because the smell just from opening the car door consumes them and they can't stand it!
Recently I threw out a pretty ugly artificial flower. The next day I saw it stuck into an orange and positioned on one of cement walls, a little greeting for every passerby. Someone (and it could have been one of many someones) had been looking through the garbage and had found my flower. Instead of taking it home, they had placed it on the wall for everyone else to enjoy.
I thought it somewhat strange, yet a beautiful analogy...
May my words, my actions, even my goof-ups be something of beauty to these people ... may they see Jesus shining through me as I try and bloom where I am planted.